Terms & Conditions
Please Read Carefully – This Agreement controls the terms under which minted bars are sold
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your use of this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and your agreement to follow and be bound by them. Do not use the website if you do not agree to be bound by these terms. We may periodically change the terms, without notice, so kindly check them from time to time as your continued use of the website signifies your acceptance of any changed terms. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, any reference to “24carat.” shall be deemed to be a reference to Metal Concentrators SA (Propriety) Limited (“Metcon“).
24carat. welcomes and thanks you for using this website, which is brought to you by Metcon, Pioneers in Precious MetalsTM. Metcon is a certified, award winning industry leader in the precious metal sector. Metcon has direct access to these precious metals allowing our customers to benefit from immediate market related prices, values, trust and expertise.
We sell gold, silver, and platinum minted bars in various weights directly to the public. In addition to our minted bar range, we also produce 99.99% pure gold medallions that are ideal for first time investors or marking special occasions.
Please note that the website is hosted and managed in the Republic of South Africa and provides information to customers and potential customers. Use of the information on the website are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, to the exclusion of all other terms.
AGREEMENTS OF SALE
Upon making any purchase through this website please ensure you understand and agree to all our terms and conditions. If you have any queries please feel free to contact us for any assistance through this website.
HOW AND WHEN WE PRICE:
The price of each product is displayed with the product.
The price of our gold, silver and platinum minted bars and medallion products are determined with reference to the Kitco.com commodity feed. The 24carat website uses an API feed supplied by gold-feed.com. The Kitco.com gold price chart may be viewed by selecting the Gold Price in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
The price presented is converted into ZAR (South African Rands). The current USD/ZAR exchange rate may also be viewed at the top of the page.
Our trading hours are Monday to Thursday 08h00 to 15h00 and Friday 08h00 to 13h00, and do not include public holidays in the Republic of South Africa.
The shopping cart is available during trading hours to purchase our products online using live prices. Given that commodity prices fluctuate, you should note that the stated prices for the Minted Bullion bars, Medallions and KrugerRands are indicative. The applicable price will only be confirmed upon receiving an invoice from our sales department.
Out of trading hours, the checkout may only be used to request an order, at which time we will email you to confirm your request. Upon the commencement of trading hours, we will contact you to finalise and confirm your order. The applicable prices will be confirmed then.
24carat. shall make all efforts to display accurate indicative prices. However, should errors occur and in the event that the indicative prices are inaccurate, 24carat will not be obliged to sell such goods at such inaccurate indicative prices. In the event that the indicative prices are inaccurate, the extent of our liability will be limited to the difference between the accurate indicative price and the inaccurate indicative price. You may elect to cancel the sale and request that we refund the monies paid by you to us.
All indicative prices displayed online are applicable in South Africa only.
HOW DO I ORDER?
Place your order online. You will receive a confirmation email from our website. We will either contact you telephonically or send you an email confirming the final price for your order.
After receiving the final price you are required to make full payment within 1 hour. Please ensure to send the proof of payment in order to “fix” the price and avoid price fluctuations. Your order will only be packaged and shipped, once all funds have been processed and cleared through our bank
Email your proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A confirmation of payment email will be sent to you with the courier company details and waybill number if applicable. You are welcome to call the courier company to track the delivery of your goods.
Your order as well as price will automatically be cancelled if we do not receive proof of payment within 1 hour of receiving your confirmed price.
24carat. reserves the right to refuse to accept and/or execute an order without giving any reasons. 24carat. also reserves the right to cancel orders in whole or in part as circumstances dictate.
DELIVERY COSTS AND INSURANCE:
Your order will not be processed until we have received a confirmed order and full payment of the purchase price, including VAT.
Delivery of our products will take between 7-10 working days for national deliveries i.e. South Africa.
- Please ensure the correct shipping address is provided from the outset as title and risk will pass to you once the goods have left our premises
- At times, we may send your goods in multiple packages to complete the order.
- No deliveries will be processed until the payment has been confirmed by our bank.
- Local delivery will incur a minimum cost of 250 South African Rands (ZAR) for up to 1 Kilogram. An additional cost of 40 South African Rands (ZAR) will be incurred per Kilogram thereafter.
- In times of greatest market volatility and increased order volume customers may experience delays in processing, packaging and delivery. In such cases we shall inform you of delivery dates.
- Undeliverable packages: Occasionally packages are returned to us undeliverable. Should this occur, every attempt will be made to contact you to make arrangements for re-shipment at your expense.
- Should you select the insurance option for delivery, you will be required to sign for the goods and produce your ID. Insurance is calculated at 0.5% of the value of the parcel. We urge you to inspect your package for damage or tampering before signing for receipt
- Deliveries to SADC Countries may take a 15 – 20 working days (depending on availability of product and courier services) due to Customs Clearance. Goods will be delivered directly to the customer, and a delivery date will be communicated with customer once the payment has been received and cleared in our bank account
- Delivery costs will vary internationally, and will include the standard insurance offered by the courier. This charge will be brought to the attention of the customer before the order is confirmed.
Value Added Tax:
- Value added tax at the rate of 14% is charged on goods delivered within South Africa.
- International orders are free of South African VAT on the condition that the goods are exported out of South Africa.
Customer Refund and Exchange Policy
Returns for Minted Bars, Medallions and Krugerrands
- 24carat. has a strict no refund policy on items that are bought, other than in the case of defective goods. Goods that are defective may be returned in their original packaging to 24carat. within 7 days of receipt thereof, including a description of why the goods in question have been returned. If the goods are defective, 24carat.will replace the goods.
- 24carat. does not offer refunds in relation to minted bars, medallions and Krugerrands unless they are defective.
- All transactions will be processed in South African Rand (ZAR).
- Payments may only be made via EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) or direct deposit.
- You are strongly encouraged to use your invoice number as a reference for payments into our account.
- 24carat. does not accept credit card or cheque payments for gold products over the internet.
OPTION 1: EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer)
Once you have added items to your shopping cart proceed to “Checkout” and follow the order processing instructions. Select the option to pay via EFT. You may be required to load 24carat. as a beneficiary on your internet banking application. Please remember to use the unique order number as the deposit reference for your payment. This should ensure the timeous processing and delivery of your selected goods.
|Branch No. :||632005|
|Account Name:||Metal Concentrators SA (Pty) Ltd|
|Account No. :||407 757 7228|
OPTION 2: Direct Deposit
You may pay for your goods by way of a direct deposit made at your bank branch. Please email your deposit slip to us on email@example.com to ensure your payment is confirmed and order delivered as quickly as possible.
Cash deposit fees are for your account, and must be included in your direct deposit. Banking Details are same as above.
For more information about how to order and special order requirements and please contact Melynda on (021) 510 0770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: In order to protect its own and the interests of customers, 24carat. scrutinizes all transactions to prevent fraud. As such, an order may be declined if 24carat. is not satisfied with its legitimacy
MetCon retains all copyright in all material, including logos and other graphics, which form part of the website. All data and information communicated to or from the website and/or any website information and database remain and shall be the sole property of 24carat.
24carat. grants you permission to view, electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of the website for the sole purpose of browsing the website for your personal use only. Any other use of materials on the website, including a reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution or reproduction, without the prior written consent of 24carat. and the lawful trademark and/or copyright owner (if applicable) is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of the intellectual property rights of 24carat. and/or such trademark and/or copyright owner.
To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any content on this website contact 24carat. at +27 21 510 0770 or email@example.com
This website may contain links to other websites, some of which are operated by 24carat. or its affiliates and others of which are operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We have not necessarily reviewed all the information on those other websites and are not responsible for the content of those or any other websites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other websites. Inclusion of links to other websites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked websites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked websites. 24carat. is not responsible for any losses, damages or other liabilities incurred as a result of your use of any linked websites.
No person, business or website may link to any page on this website without the prior written permission of 24carat.
No person, business or website may frame this website or any of the pages on this website in any way whatsoever.
DISCLAIMERS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY
You expressly agree that use of the website or the Internet is entirely at your own risk. The website and its contents are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and 24carat. make no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation with respect to the website, its contents, the accuracy thereof, or any warranties or representations regarding the effectiveness of any security or encryption facilities. 24carat. does [not] warrant that the functions provided by the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or other harmful components.
Save as expressly set out herein, 24carat. shall under no circumstances whatsoever be liable to you, including without limitation, as a result of or in connection with 24carat. negligent (including grossly negligent) acts or omissions or those , MetCon, its subsidiaries, agents and/or affiliates or any of their respective employees, or designees or other persons for whom in law they may be liable (in whose favour this constitutes a contract or undertaking for their benefit), for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever or howsoever caused (whether arising under contract, delict or otherwise and whether the loss was actually foreseen or reasonably foreseeable).
24carat., their directors, employers, designees, agents, representatives, affiliates and suppliers shall not be liable for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use of or reliance upon the website (including any information contained thereon) or the Internet.
The content contained on the website may be used by you for your own personal, non-commercial information purposes only. In using the website you agree not to infect it with any computer programming (such as a virus) that may damage, interfere with, delay or intercept any data or information on the website and you shall indemnify 24carat. for any damage caused by any such act attributable to you.
If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision, or, at most, the offending part thereof, shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining terms.
This Agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof.
At the option of 24carat. any dispute arising out of the Agreement may be brought in any Magistrates’ Court of competent jurisdiction notwithstanding that the amount in issue may exceed the jurisdiction of such court.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
24carat. shall take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. For the purpose of this clause, personal information shall be defined as detailed in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013. The POPI may be downloaded here.
24carat. may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information:
- your name and surname;
- your country of residence, including the city and province; as well as
- your e-mail and IP address.
24carat. collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- To greet you when you accesses the 24carat website;
- Subject to your consent, to inform you about competitions and special offers from 24carat.
- To verify your identity when transacting with 24carat. in order to ensure that the goods are received by you; and
The information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User.
24carat. may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions:
- 24carat. shall not disclose personal information from Users unless you consent thereto;
- 24carat. may disclose information without your consent only through due legal process;
- 24carat. may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual; and
- 24carat. owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by 24carat.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that 24carat. suffers any damage or loss.
CHANGES TO AGREEMENT
24carat. may, in its sole discretion amend, vary and adapt this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU
24carat has implemented stringent quality control checks throughout the manufacturing process in order to ensure quality at an international standard. 24carat certifies that all products stamped with the purity, weight, and fineness and true and correct.
How to Contact Us
Emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +27 21 510 0770